Ways to Give
Your monthly support allows In a Perfect World to assist educators & children in under-served classrooms, provide mentorship & artistic expression to at-risk youth, build schools in some of the poorest countries in the world, and prepare young people to take action and make a difference.
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
You’re making a difference, every month, with every dollar going directly toward empowering young people to change the world.
The Founders’ Circle is an exclusive and inclusive inner circle committed to the sustainability of In a Perfect World. This group represents dedicated donors that agree to a multi-year giving plan that allows us to continue our commitment of allocating 100% of public donations to mission delivery.
The catalyst for the Founders’ Circle was a foundational gift from the late Sharon Keith. Her bequest was given to inspire grassroots donors to join in her dedication to building the next generation of leaders. Sharon was dedicated to her family and to helping students access educational opportunities to improve their lives. We are incredibly grateful to Sharon, her family, and her commitment to empowering youth everywhere.
Contact us to learn more about how you can become a part of the Founders’ Circle today.
Workplace Giving and Matching Gifts
Many companies offer matching gifts as part of their social responsibility and philanthropic initiatives. This rewards employees that are active in the community by matching an employee’s gift, often dollar for dollar. Companies sometimes match donations made by spouses, retirees, and board members.
In a Perfect World supporters can request a matching gift from their employers online, by email, or via payroll giving. We are happy to satisfy any other requirements your company may request and confirm matching gifts.
Gifts of stock + securities
Gifts of stock or securities offers a number of benefits:
- A federal income charitable contribution tax deduction based on the stock’s fair market value on the date of the donation (up to 30% of your adjusted gross income) if the stock was owned for more than one year;
- Carryover of the deduction for up to 5 additional years if the fair market value of the gift is more than 30% of your adjusted gross income; and
- Avoidance of capital gains tax that is due when you sell appreciated stock.
- Please note: Stock owned for one year or less is considered a short-term asset and usually will not produce attractive tax benefits.
- Also, if stock has decreased in value, selling it and making a cash gift to IAPW is probably more beneficial. You can take a capital loss on federal taxes and still enjoy a charitable deduction up to 50% of your adjusted gross income.
Give your broker the following information to transfer a gift of stock:
- IAPW’s brokerage account is with Martin Andreasen Royal Alliance Assoc. (763) 971-9209
- IAPW’s account number is 037-460573 and the DTC number is 0443.
- In a Perfect World is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization; EIN 20-4083846.
Either you or your broker can contact us via email with the name of the stock and the number of shares being transferred. This ensures your gift is properly credited and acknowledged by our team.
We invite you to map out your legacy in alignment with the values that were important in your life. Make a lasting investment to build the next generation of compassionate, socially responsible and empathetic leaders. Join us in empowering children everywhere to make meaningful change in the world.
Leave a Planned Gift in your Will
Unrestricted gifts give us the greatest flexibility to use funds where they are most needed. Please contact us today and we can provide recommended language to use in any planned giving documents or bequests.
Name IAPW as a Beneficiary
Naming IAPW on a retirement account or life insurance policy is a simple way to provide for the future without writing or re-writing your will.
Please contact us with any questions or if you wish to personally discuss a legacy gift or specific funding opportunity.