As we forge ahead in 2011, we’re taking a moment to reflect on all that we accomplished in 2010. And what an amazing year it was! Thanks to your support, we made great strides in empowering children, bettering our communities and providing access to education for those without.
IAPW Youth Ambassadors made a difference.
With 4 new members in the LA area, our Youth Ambassadors…
- facilitated programs to help the environment ~ Heal the Bay
- encouraged free expression for underserved and emotionally challenged teens ~ A Star in You
- taught how to “Save the World in 30 Minutes” to young women
- provided a fluffy companion to foster children at A Silver Lining
- Danced for Change with professional dancer Benjamin Allen and actress/dancer Rachele Brooke Smith
We inspired girls.
IAPW’s inaugural “I Am Perfect… Exactly As I Am” event, sponsored by SLS Hotel, Dove, Babakul, Altru and The Rex Agency, celebrated women such as Laila Ali, Monique Coleman, Garcelle Beauvais, Niecy Nash, Pauletta Washington and Wendy Davis, who shared candid advice with a group of teenage girls.
We empowered communities.
Through our REACH program (Rural Education and Community Harmony) IAPW built our second international school. Based in Rousseau, Haiti, the school is host to 354 eager primary school students. Due to an intense storm season, construction took longer than expected, but students were able to kick off the new school year by attending class in their new school from the very first day!
We helped teachers, students & children in need.
- IAPW funded 64 classroom projects in high-poverty schools benefitting 3,076 students in Los Angeles.
- 203 individual donors teamed up with IAPW to help double the impact of our grant.
- IAPW donated backpacks to our partner school Frank Del Olmo Elementary for a “Back to School” bonanza.
- IAPW partnered with Free Arts for Abused Children, recently working with the Vista Del Mar facility.
Our Ambassadors achieved.
IAPW Ambassador Bosilika An was accepted into the Three Dot Dash Global Teen Leader Summit for 2011!
IAPW Ambassador Alexandra Rieger was honored at AllyKatz Summit as a member of the Inaugural Group of Philanthropic Youth.
With the creation of our Youth Advisory Board, IAPW enabled ongoing relationships with youth ambassadors, provided opportunities for mentorship & helped youth further develop marketable skills through introduction to new life experiences.
We were honored.
IAPW continued to receive positive reviews for our dedication and service, earning a 5-star rating from GreatNonProfits
We are excited about the opportunity to continue our service to children & youth both in the US and abroad. We cannot do this without your continued support.
with much gratitude,
in a perfect world